Loaded box cards make gifts for any occasion. They can stand upright and be filled with all kinds of little gifts – cards, tags, coffee sachet, special tea bags, sugar sticks, honey stirrers, vintage teaspoons, or whatever you can imagine.
The theme can easily be adapted for Christmas, a bridal shower, baby shower, welcome baby card, etc.
For This Project You Will Need:
- FabScraps C133 Backyard memories paper sheets
- Fabscraps white craft glue
- Fabscraps stamp sets (I used the daily grind set but you can also use the Perfect blend or I love coffee or Love sets)
- Firm cardstock at least 240gsm to make the card base and box
- Chipboard elements (the following from the Purple Magnolia were used in this project: PM032 Swirls on heart; PM018 Floral crescent; PM004 Daisy strip)
- Embossing powders, metallic paints, ink sprays or ink pads to colour chipboard elements
- Embossing ink and rose gold embossing powder for heat-embossing images from the cappuccino / coffee stamp sets
- Flowers, die-cut leaves, flower pearls
- Make top-fold card base 20cm high x 15cm wide. Add layers of printed papers inside and outside the card base.
- Make the box part by cutting cardstock 18cm wide x 14cm high. Score on the left at 1,5 and 3cm. score 1,5cm and 3cm from the right and also 1,5 and 3cm from the bottom. Fold back and glue the scored edges to form 3 sides of the box. Adhere this to the bottom front of the card.
- Use embossing ink and rose gold embossing powder or rose gold/rust metallic paints to colour the heart-shaped chippie. Use complementary colours such a greens and blues to colour other chipboard elements.
- Decorate the box with lace, flowers, die-cut leaves, and flower pearls.
- Decorate the inside of the card with fussy-cut flags, fussy-cut flowers, a pocket made from a fussy-cut flower and heat-embossed/.painted chipboard daisy strip/
- Make the items you wish to add to the box part – cards, tags, etc. I rolled a coffee sachet in printed paper and added heat-embossed labels.