Sweet Boy- A Long Day- Mixed Media Layout
-Denise van Deventer-
For This Project You Will Need:
- FabScraps Backyard Memories Collection Papers: C133 012
- FabScraps Stencil: DS130-01
- FabScraps Cardstock – CC009 Army Green, Navy Blue, White
- FabScraps Buttons - Vintage
- Kraft corrugated board
- White Gesso
- Distress Oxide Ink – Faded Jeans, Gathered Twigs
- White Gel Pen
- Various rub-ons or letter stamps
- Distress and tear the edges of the white cardstock and edge with Faded Jeans oxide ink.
- Trim the navy cardstock and distress and tear the edge and then ink with Faded Jeans oxide ink. Add a white gel pen border. Adhere to the white cardstock.
- Tear an oblong piece of old ledger paper, as per the photo, and edge with Faded Jeans oxide ink and adhere to the cardstock. Add the rub-ons or letter stamp the Sweet Boy.
- Tear an oblong piece of kraft corrugated board, as per the photo and ink the edge with Faded Jeans oxide ink. Add some white gesso in places. Adhere this over the ledger paper. Add a white gel pen border.
- Stencil white gesso through the stencil, as per the layout photo. Allow to dry.
- Mat the photo on the green cardstock and ink the edge with Faded Jeans oxide ink.
- Fussy cut the little tags and bear and layer and adhere with the matted photo (mat photo on the green cardstock) over the corrugated board.
- Fussy cut the Ä Long Day”, edge with Gathered Twigs oxide ink and raise and adhere as per the layout photo.
- Hand sew the buttons onto the page, as per the layout photo.
- All done!