Created by Marie Smith
Christmas time is … together-time … is … memory-making time.An annual mini album is the perfect way in which to preserve memories – to look back on and to give a glimpse to future generations on what their “roots” were like: why and how your family celebrated; family traditions; favourite activities; favourite places to visit; decorations; favourite recipes
For This Project You Will Need:
- FabScraps C134 Family kisses paper collection
- Fabscraps poinsettia stamp – make flowers by heat-embossing and then fussy0cutting them.
- Spiral mini album and cover (or your own format of mini album)
- Fabscraps white glue
- Chipboard door PM028 from The Purple Magnolia
- Chipboard angel wings from The Purple Magnolia
- Star stencil from The Purple Magnolia
- Texture paste
- Versamerk ink pad, white embossing powder, silver embossing powder, brown mixed media embossing powder
- Ribbons to tie around the spine of the album.
- Tear a few strips of printed paper and adhere to the front cover.
- Stencil stars with texture paste and stencil. Add glitter while the texture paste is still wet.
- Adhere the chipboard gate, heat-embossed with mixed media embossing powder.
- Add flowers, die-cut pine twigs, sequins, etc. to embellish the cover.
- Cut printed papers from the paper pack to fit the pages of the album. Chalk or distress the edges. Adhere to album, but first adhere flaps to the pages where desired.
- Create pockets on some pages, by cutting a piece of paper and adhering them to the left, right or bottom of a page but only applying glue to three sides, so one side is open for inserting photos, tags, journaling cards or memorabilia.
- Embellish the pages and flaps with vellum, lace, heat-embossed chipboard elements, sequins, poinsettias, die-cut pine twigs, etc.
- Use vellum on edges of pockets and as photo mats.
- Tie ribbons around the spine.