Altered Book / Junk Journal
Denise van Deventer
For This Project You Will Need:
- FabScraps Out and About Collection paper range: C136 005/6/7/8/9/10/11/12
- FabScraps Grateful Heart Collection Odds and stickers: C129
- FabScraps Stencils – DS135-01 & DS135-02
- FabScraps CC010 Cool Mint, CC012 Mauve, Kraft
- FabScraps Stickers: ST135 002
- FabScraps Stamps: ST105 04
- Fabscraps Metal Bits
- Old Book Papers, Stocking Cards, Index cards, Envelopes and coffee dyed papers
- Distress Oxide Ink: Walnut Stain, Peeled Paint, Seedless Preserve, Bundled Sage, Wilted Violet
- Versafine Ink: Vintage Sepia
- Various Graphic 45 stamps & Stampers Anonymous Stamps
- Marth Stewart Edge Punch
- Various lace bits
- Gut an old diary or old book and remove the inners. Cover with Out and About patterned papers. Stencil on the inside covers with the FabScraps stencil, using the various purple distress oxides and various green oxides and then randomly stamp over the stencilling, as per the photo’s. Add faux stitching around the edges.
- Add and glue lace.
- Use wax string to tie and add space for 2 signatures.
- On the front cover and back covers add patterned papers cut to fit the size of your book.
- Create 2 signatures from the odd papers and bits, old book pages and patterned papers as per the photo’s. Add pockets, folds and bits, to your liking, as per the photo’s. Add stamping and stencilling to your liking.
- For inspiration for the various tucks and pockets, check YouTube Junk Journalling pockets.
- All done!