Hot Air Balloon
- Niharika Gupta -
For this project you will need:
- FabScraps C116 001 – Only you
- FabScraps C116 002 - Sealed with a Kiss
- FabScraps C116 003 – Sweetest Hearts
- FabScraps C116 004 – This heart of mine
- FabScraps C116 006 – Love is Blind
- FabScraps C116 007 – Smile, Laughter, Love
- Wooden Stick
- Paper Flowers and Leaves
- Kraft cardstock
- Bakers Twine
- Hot Glue Gun
- Precision cutting scissors
- Fussy cut the flower motifs from 001 and 002, the heart motif from 004, flower bunches and brown washi tape from 006, rose twine, heart with arrow motif, one and only and two love balloons from 007.
- Cut a template of hot air balloon or take a printout of the template measuring approximately 7” X 10” and cut 8 balloon shapes from 001, 002, 003, 004. Fold them from the center into half.
- Wrap the wooden stick with brown washi tape cut out from 006
- Paste the folded haves of the balloon shape papers in circular manner around the stick, keeping the fold inside to form the balloon shape in 3- dimension.
- Take the Kraft cardstock measuring 5.5” X 5.5” and score at 1.5” from all 4 sides. And cut from two sides as shown in the picture below to make the basket of the balloon. Fold the scored lines and paste the small cut portions getting the shape like a box lid.
- Cut 4 pieces measuring slightly smaller than 1.5” X 2.5” from 003 and paste them on the 4 sides of the basket.
- Adhere the structure of the hot air balloon inside the basket eye balling the center using hot glue gun.
- Take 4 pieces of bakers twine measuring approximately 8” and adhere them joining the inside corners of the basket and flaps of the adjacent flap of hot air balloon structure.
- Embellish the inside of the basket using the flower cut outs, chipboard embellishments, paper flowers and leaves. Similarly, embellish the hot air balloon face using the trims and flowers cut from 007 and other embellishments.
All done! Thanks for stopping by gorgeous. We hope you enjoyed this project! Leave us a comment below or tag us in your own creations 🖤