For This Project You Will Need:
- FabScraps Family Blessings Collection paper range: C121 001, 002, 003, 004, 005,006, 007, 010,011,012
- FabScraps Stickers: ST121 001
- FabScraps Stamps: ST105 005
- FabScraps Stencil: DS117 Mini Script
- 4 medium sized cream envelopes; 3 old dictionary pages
- Vintage Button
- Cream Lace
- Green Ribbon
- Pigment Ink: Sahara Sand
- Distress Oxide Ink: Gathered Twigs
- Grey, floral washi tape
- Martha Stewart Edge Punch
- Brown fine-liner
- BoBunny Stamps: Of Times Past & Beautiful Butterflies
- Folio Envelope Base:
Check out this video tutorial which gives you a super idea of how to create this folio base easily:
https://youtu.be/AchePPj4WoA from the BookVandalShop.
Dependant on the type of envelope you have, you adapt this to fit to your envelope type.
This folio is based on junk journal principles.
- User the various patterned papers to cover this folio, front to back, on all the faces and sections. Measure and trim according to your chosen envelope. Use the 4th envelope as a template for the various pieces that need to be cut. Ink all envelope and paper edges with Gathered Twigs Distress ink and all the patterned papers with Sahara Sank pigment ink.
(NB Remember to adhere your ribbon to the back cover of the folio and then cover with patterned paper to hide this. Make sure it is long enough to secure around your button. Also remember to sew your button to the front cover, before covering with patterned paper, to hide the stitches.)
- Glue the lace down on the front cover fold and trim to fit the envelope.
- Cut some pockets for some of the sections and use the punch to pretty the edges. Adhere these and create tags and inserts for these pockets, as per the photo’s. Ink all edges with Gathered Twigs ink.
- Create a little booklet, made to size for the envelope chosen, from one of the patterned papers. Add washi tape to the folded edge as decoration. Add stamping and stickers to the booklet for decoration. Ink all edges with Gathered Twigs ink.
- Tear some of the old dictionary pages for decoration on the various sections and inserts. Ink the edges and adhere.
- Tear some washi tape strips and adhere on some of the sections also.
- Adhere the various stickers as per the photo’s.
- Fussy cut various elements from the patterned papers and adhere these to the various faces and also use these for pocket inserts. Ink all edges with Gathered Twigs ink.
- Use the brown fine-liner to add faux stitching to the various faces and tags etc.
- Use both inks to do random stamping around the various inserts, faces and pockets.
- Do some pigment ink stencilling through the script stamp on some of the sections, as per the photo’s.
- All Done!