Having created quite a few mixed media projects recently I decided to keep this one fairly simple to show off the beautiful papers and highlight the 3 lovely photos. Apart from on the background paper LOOK NO FLOWERS……..
This layout is very adaptable as tags, more photos etc could be tucked into the two pockets or they could be loaded with flowers and fussy cut items or even made into flaps to open to include more photos.
Fabscraps papers and embellishments used:
C124 001, C124 002,, C124 006, C124 001 (back). 2 x Sheets of C124 004 (back)
For fussy cutting C124 011, C124 012, C124 009, C124 011
2 x silver hearts
Other items used:
Blue, mauve and purple cardstock
Coloured heart buttons
Sentiment painted with teal chalk paint
Tim Holtz Distress inks – hickory smoke, milled lavender, VersaMagic chalk ink – Oasis Green
- Cut out two squares from centres of C124 001 & 002 – 1 ¾” from edges
- Cut 2 squares 9 5/8” x 9 5/8” from C124 004 and matt with blue cardstock, then adhere to backgrounds 1” from all edges.
- At this point I used masking tape on back of background papers to keep in place
- Cut 2 x 12” x 3” from C124 006 with stripes running vertically
- Attach a punched edge if desired – I used C124 001 (back)
- Attach ½” double sided tape to the long side without edging and two short sides and attach to background as per picture creating a pocket on each side.
- Matt the photos with mauve cardstock and tuck the two left ones into the pocket and the other as per pic.
- Paint the sentiment and place as shown
- Fussy cut the 3 large chairs and attach to right page adhering the buttons as shown
- Fussy cut the 4 small chairs and adhere to left page next to sentiment
- Layer the fussy cut words onto purple cardstock and circle fussy cut from C124 011. Place 2 x silver heart charms at bottom
- Stick bodies of dragonflies leaving wings raised.