My Love For You
Created by Marie Smith
For this project, you will need:
- One sheet each of FabScraps C126 Circle of Life papers C126-007, C126-009 and C126-010.
- Fabscraps Dragonlfy stencil DS 114
- Fabscraps clear or white craft glue
- Fabscsraps cardstock Bay blue (for photo matting)
- Chipboard elements by the The Purple Magnolia PM-003 (swirls); PM-029 (cast-iron door); and PM-023 (dandelion)
- Lindy’s Gang mixed media embossing powder Don’t cream aquamarine
- Versamark embossing ink pad or Ranger Distress embossing dabber
- Glimmer/shimmer spray in dark purple and aqua
- Crafters Mother of pearl paint – Rose
- Prima Opal magic acrylic paint
- Purple microbeads
- Purple glass beads
- Gauze (colour with purple spray)
- Texture paste
- Glitter paste
- Paper flowers
- Fussy cut the elements from the two fussy-cut pages.
- Apply embossing ink to chipboard door. Sprinkle mixed media powder over the chipboard. Shake off excess and set the embossing powder with a heat tool for embossing.
- Colour the chipboard swirls with purple shimmer spray and aqua shimmer/glimmer sprays.
- Colour the chipboard dandelions with mother-of-pearl craft paint.
- Adhere photo mat to cardboard, cut slightly smaller than the photo mat, to “lift” it and give dimension to the layout. Adhere to the layout page (C126-007).
- Use only one half of the chipboard door and slide in behind the photo mat.
- Use texture paste to stencil a dragonfly to the top right-hand corner of the layout. Add shimmer paste or glitter.
- Adhere photo to photo mat.
- Arrange fussy-cut elements, chipboard swirls, gauze and paper flowers on the layout.
- Add flower pearls, glass beads and sequins for texture.
- Use Opal Magic acrylic paint to add highlights and/or mute aqua and purples on chipboard swirls where necessary, as well as on paper flowers.
- Add sentiment of your choice to complete the layout.