Mini Treat Baskets
FabScraps papers to fussy cut images and the leftovers from the reverse sides of the fussy cut sheets to use to punch/die cut the hearts.
Coordinating coloured card stock and silver glitter card
FabScraps charms and flat backed pearls
Scissors, glue and double sided tape
Ribbon, embroidery floss, Twine
Distress Inks to ink round fussy cut images – red, green and brown
Die cut hearts in various sizes and suitable sentiment die
Sentiment stamp and Archival ink pad
4 “ Heart template
Edging punch or die for handle on heart basket
Fussy cut images from C127 009
Handmade or ready made small flowers in matching colours
Small piece of white gauze
Tissue paper to put inside the baskets before filling with your choice of goodies.
- Cut a piece of card stock for box 5,5 inch x 5 inch ( I used white for the circle box and reverse side of C127 011 for the heart shaped box)
- With the 5” side at the top score at 2” & 3”
- Turn to 5,5” side and score at 1”, turn 180 deg and score at 1”. Fold and burnish all score lines
- Make two cuts as per diagram below and apply tape or glue to back of the flaps and fold in and adhere to one of the sides then fold other side around and glue/tape in place.
- At this stage I cut a strip from the long rose fussy cut image on C to cover the sides and base of the white box.
- Cut two circles 4 ¼ ” diameter from white card stock and two 4 ” from red card stock and cut off 1” on all circles. Emboss circles and layer red onto the white then adhere to front and back of box.
- For the handle cut a strip of silver glitter cardstock 4” x ¾” and glue a strip of C127 009 (reverse side) 4” x ½” on top.
- Glue ends of handle to inside of the circle. It helps to bend the handle a little by pulling over a bone folder to curve.
- Decorate as desired using gauze, fussy cut elements, red twine, pearls and paper roses
- Place flat backed pearls on each corner of the base.
- Fill as desired
- Cut two hearts from White card stock and cut approx. ½” off the bottom of the heart. Emboss.
- Adhere a strip of red ribbon around the whole box then adhere the hearts to back and front.
- For the handle cut a piece of card stock 5” x ¾” from C127 011 ( reverse side) and use a die or edge punch. I used a die which contained heart shaped flowers so I could use the tiny hearts to decorate the large heart on the front of the box.
- Decorate as desired using fussy cut images and heart shaped die cuts. Stamp a sentiment onto white card stock and mount onto silver glitter card then add a silver charm, red sparkly twine and a flat backed red heart shaped pearl.
- Adhere pearls to corners of base of box and fill appropriately.
P.S If you are one of those ladies who like to get gifts made early for Christmas, then these would be ideal using leftovers of Christmas papers changing the front heart or circle to a bauble shape, bell or tree. Check out the C110 Holly Jolly Christmas collection to get those creative juices flowing. Ask your retailer to inquire about this collection available in a budget paper pack.
Cutting lines for box - Cut along bold lines after scoring and folding