The C130 Reckless beauty collection is ideal for a wide variety of paper crafting projects, to celebrate beauty – beautiful people, beautiful events, beautiful memories, beauty in they garden, etc. the floral elements in this collection, off-set against the various pretty background papers.
This folio album features two flaps for photos on the left hand and two flaps with pop-up frames on the right-hand. Although small, the folio can take 10 photos.
For This Project You Will Need:
- C130 paper collection
- FabScraps white glue
- Cream cardstock
- 221x21cm Cover for the folio with 2cm spine, as for mini-albums (video tutorial for making a cover available https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A1NXZnwJlGE&t=67s)
- Stamped/heat-embossed flowerpot/urn
- Heat-embossed small leaves and fillers
- Heat-embossed title for the cover
- Adhere printed papers and embellishments to the front cover.
- Embellish the front of the cover.
Create a top-folding flap by cutting cream cardstock 16 cm wide and 17cm high. Score at 1cm from the top. Fold this back and adhere 1 cm folded-back part to the back of a piece of printed paper that is cut 5 mm narrower and 5mm shorter than the inside cover. Adhere printed papers to the front and back of the flap.
NOTE: Photo above shows the complete left-hand inside, with the two flaps.
- Create a right-hand flap by cutting a piece of cream cardstock 15cm wide x 14 cm high. Score at 1 cm from the right-hand and fold back on this score line. Adhere the 1 cm-fold to the back of they printed paper as in step 2 above.
- Adhere this piece to the left inside cover of the folio.
- Adhere a piece of printed paper, 5mm narrower and shorter than the inside of the cover, to the inside back of the cover.
- Create two pop-up flaps for the right-hand of the folio. Do this by cutting firm cream cardstock 34cm x 14 cm. in landscape orientation, score this cardstock at 16cm, 17cm, 31cm and 32 cm.
- Fold as shown: (The taller part forms the flap while the shorter part gets the opening (aperture) through which a photo can be seen, as if behind a frame).
- Cut out an aperture (opening) in the front part (shorter part).
- Adhere a piece of printed paper to the inside back of the pop-up flap.
- Apply glue and stick down the top part to the back.
- Embellish the front of the pop-up flap with printed papers or fussy-cut elements.
- Apply glue to the bottom of the pop-up flap and adhere this pop-up flap to the right-hand inside of the folio, approximately 1,5 cm from the top.
Adhere the second pop-up flap to the inside right-hand under the first pop-up flap.