This card could also be used as a Birthday card for that special man…the waistcoat and shirt would also look amazing on the front of a mini album, journal or box.
Fabscraps C131 collection papers 001 ( reverse side), Fussy cut sheets 009 & 010
Fabscraps 12 x 12 Army Green cardstock
Fabscraps 8 x 8 Blue paper
12 x 12 Maroon cardstock
White cardstock for shirt
Scrap of foam glitter paper for tie
Blank white 8 x 8 card
Fabscraps DS131 01 Stencil
Fabscraps Le Blanch stamp
Fabscraps Bronze letters
Metal cogs and buttons
Silver small link chain
Silver embossing powder and ink
Off-cuts of cardboard or chipboard for raised elements
Glue, double sided tape, white marker pen
- Cut a piece of maroon cardstock 7 ¾ x 7¾ inch and adhere to white card base
- Cut a piece of Army green cardstock 7½ x 7½ inch, stitch around edge with sewing machine using white thread if desired. Distress edges and adhere to maroon cardstock raising with thin cardboard.
- Cut the blue cardstock to 7 1/8 x 7 1/8 inch, stamp with embossing ink, and heat emboss using silver embossing powder
- Stencil the edge of blue paper using the outer edge of stencil with texture paste then when dry rub the stenciled area with dark blue ink
- Cut the white shirt front from card stock using the template and emboss as desired. Fold over collar as per photo
- Using the template cut the full waistcoat from C131 001 ( reverse side). Use the other single waistcoat piece and lay on top of right hand side of patterned waistcoat and draw in the overlapping piece down middle of waistcoat. Ink edges and using white pen draw faux stitching round edges. Cut small rectangles for pockets from C131, faux stitch, attach thin chipboard to reverse and adhere to waistcoat
- Using template cut the two pieces of the tie and adhere under collar of shirt
- Glue the waistcoat to the shirt front.
- Glue three small buttons down front of waistcoat then take a length of chain, attach a ring 1/3rd along the length of the chain and place ring over top button then loop the chain as shown on photo adhering the end to the right pocket. A small silver charm can be added to the loose end of chain.
- Add a tiny strip of brown cardstock to tie as a pin.
- Raise the shirt and waistcoat using cardboard glued to center leaving room to slide embellishments and fussy cut images underneath.
- Place pieces of gauze on the card front as required then glue the shirt/waistcoat on top
- Arrange fussy cut images, buttons, silver cogs around the waistcoat as per pic.
- Cut the sentiment from the sheet 011 and mat on the green cardstock. Add a piece of chipboard to raise and stick to front of card.
- Adhere metal letters at top of card.