To me, mini albums are like short stories. They represent a special event, or a brief timeline of someone’s life.
My daughter’s husband and their three sons love adventurous trips and 4x4 vehicle events. I made this mini album to capture some of their fun, happy and exhausting moments. Note that I specifically journaled to explain the sleepy moment during an exciting and fun weekend.
For This Project You Will Need:
- FabScraps Man of the moment chipboard album
- Fabscraps C131 8 inch paper pack
- Offcuts from the C131 Man of the moment paper pack
- Plain cardstock in co-ordinating colours and metallic cardstock for matting your photos
- Fabscraps brass charms – cogs
- Fabscraps silver charms – large cogs
- Fabscraps silver charms – small cogs
- Fabscraps brass charms – clock face
- Fabscraps mixed eyelets
- Fabscraps bronze metal alphabet letetrs
- Black gesso
- Mixed media waxes in various colours
- Chipboard gears, heat-embossed with mixed media embossing powder after applying embossing dabber
- Eyelet setting tool
- Prepare the cover by painting it with black gesso. Allow to dry.
- Rub various colours of waxes over the black gesso.
- Adhere alphabet letters for the album title to a chipboard strip.
- Add gears to embellish the cover. First paint the gears with black gesso then rub waxes onto them for colour.
- Paint the edges of all album pages with black gesso, to provide a black border for the printed papers on your pages.
- Cut printed papers for the album pages 19,5cm high x 18,5 cm wide and adhere to the album pages.
- Add phots. Matt where desired.
- Embellish pages with tags, journaling tags, heat-embossed and waxed metal gears/cogs and heat-embossed or waxed sentiments that come with the mini album.