Mini albums are like short stories. They represent a special event, or a brief timeline of someone’s life. This mini album captures some of the amazing scenery – full of texture – of a trip to Namibia. The moment I had the C132 First sip collection in my hands, I felt the rich colors and beautiful textures would be a great backdrop for the photos of the desert and the buildings in the ghost town. This, together with the clock-shaped cover of the mini album inspired the title, Lost in time.
We tend not to add too many embellishments in our mini albums, but for this one I wanted to use only one picture per page and use rich embellishments.
For This Project You Will Need:
- Fabscraps C132 The first sip paper pack
- FabScraps DC132 chipboard album
- Fabscraps metal embellishments (painted with black gesso), brass charms and brass filigree name plate
- Fabscraps bronze alphabet letters (from the FAB box)
- Fabscraps stencil DS132-01
- Fabscraps stencil DS132-02
- Fabscraps stampST1030-003
- Fabscraps white craft glue
- Mixed media waxes in different colors
- Texture paste
- Nuvo expanding mousse mustard seed
- Various chipboard windows, gates, tea/coffee pots, clock hands and swirls by The Purple Magnolia
- Emboss-It embossing ink dauber
- Embossing powders in various colors
- Ranger mixed media embossing powder hammered
- Ranger mixed media embossing powder sea
- Ranger mixed media embossing powder stone
- Ranger embossing powder steel
- Lindy’s Gang mixed media embossing powder don’t scream aquamarine
- Lindy’s Gang mixed media embossing powder marbellous
- Prepare the cover by dabbing the clock part with embossing dabber. Sprinkle one of the embossing powers over part of the clock and shake off excess. Repeat with other colors until the whole clock is covered. Set with an embossing heat tool.
- Cut printer paper to fit the full front cover. Use a pencil to trace the largest circle onto the paper and cut out the center circle. Adhere paper to cover the edges of the cover.
- Use fussy-cut elements to embellish the cover and add bronze letters to create the title. Complete by adding flowers and heat-embossed swirls.
- Cover all pages of the album with papers from the collection, to match colors and themes of your photos. Add photos on mats as required and embellish the pages to your taste. The notes below serve for inspiration.