The photo of my beautiful cute niece Demi when she was younger seemed the perfect match for this stunning collection. Lots of fussy cutting and techniques were incorporated into my design. The metal letters in the name were from a previous FabScraps collection but could be replaced with other types of lettering if required.
Fabscraps C132 papers as follows:
1 x C132 004 – cut the thinner chains lengthwise into ¾” strips and use remainder of sheet to cover circles
1 x C132 007 – cut to 10 ¾” x 10 ¾”
C132 009 & 010 – fussy cut images
C132 008 – cut a circle the diameter of the largest circle of chipboard
Fabscraps 8x8 paper – blue
1 sheet of green coordinating cardstock – cut out 10” x 10” from inside to form a frame. Use the inner 10” x 10” to cut leaves and matt for the sentiment.
Chipboard for circles – cut first circle at 8”, then cut a7” circle inside the first circle and then a 6” circle inside the second one then cut a 5” circle inside the third circle. You will have 3 circles with a border of 1”. Cover with C132 004 paper and ink with Vintage photo.
Chipboard elements – heart, swirls and small circles.
Cardboard/chipboard to raise elements and a piece of 12 x 12 for backing the page
Tombow glue and double sided tape
Piece of netting for underneath elements at bottom of page if desired
Copper micro beads
Fabscraps metal letters for name if required
Ranger Distress inks – Vintage photo, iced spruce
Copper embossing powder
1 x Portrait photo.
- Ink the edges of the green frame and adhere to cardboard backing.
- Place the chain strips 2/8th inch inside the green frame mitring the corners
- Place the 10 ¾” x 10 ¾” C132 007 piece inside the chain frame.
- Fussy cut and ink all images required from 009 & 010 and sentiment
- Emboss the swirls with copper embossing powder and glaze with dimentional glaze adding copper micro beads while wet.
- Add white Gesso or moulding paste to heart and dab with brush to create a textured effect. When dry emboss with copper embossing powder.
- Cover the small circles with blue 8 x 8 paper, glaze and add micro beads while wet
- Mount the photo onto blue paper adding chipboard between to raise
- Cut out the sentiment and mount using the blue paper then the green cardstock raising with chipboard , then adhere to heart.
- Lay the circles on the page ( refer to photo) in a pleasing manner and slide the C132 008 circle underneath all circles. Stick circle and chipboard circles to page.
- Stick photo on top of circles as per photo then raise and adhere all the fussy cut elements as shown or desired.
- Hand cut some leaves from the green cardstock, shape and ink and add as per photo.
- Adhere the circles to top left and right as shown on photo. Add metal letters if desired.