Double sided tape and ruler holder with embellishment box by Lorraine Haddath to accompany paper and tool stand.
I did not have the exact colour cardstock to match this collection so I looked through my distress inks to find a Tim Holtz distress oxide “Weathered wood” which was perfect so used it throughout my project. I covered all the chipboard pieces with white paper and then inked round all the edges. Acrylic or chalk paint would work just as well.
For this project you will need:
FabScraps C137 Just Breathe collection papers – 3 papers of your choice plus a sentiment sheet and fussy cutting sheet.
6” x 6” piece of thick chipboard or card board
4 pieces of thin chipboard 7.1” x 7.7”
Inner cardboard roll from kitchen roll or wrapping paper cut to 8,5”. A pringles tin works well but remember to stick the solid base to the base of the holder leaving the open end at the top for rulers etc. Do not add bling to top as tape rolls will not slide over.
Coordinating cardstock of your choice or white paper and Weathered wood distress oxide/ink
1 12 x 12” piece of heavy white card stock for box if you wish to do the inking technique or a 12x12 piece of coordinating cardstock.
A fine black archival ink pen for faux stitching
Thin black ribbon
Double sided tape and adhesive
¼ meter of FabScraps “Bling”
- Take the 12 x 12” heavy white card stock and score at 1” and 2” on all 4 sides. Referring to left diagram below, remove the pieces not required angling the tabs slightly. Burnish all score lines well. Ink edges of inner square then adhere thin chipboard strips as shown and add patterned paper to centre.
- Turn over and ink round all edges then add ½” strips of patterned paper as per below then faux stitch round each strip as shown.
- Turn over again and assemble the box adding glue or tape to tabs folding up the sides and sticking the tabs to the chipboard before folding over the outside pieces over the chipboard.
- Add one of the sentiment cut outs and fussy cut elements to inside. Add some bling and a ribbon to front of box.
TAPE & RULER HOLDER
- Cover the 6” x 6” heavy chipboard/cardboard with cardstock or white paper and ink all edges. Cut a 5½ x 5½ piece of patterned paper and glue/tape in centre of base.
- Cover the cardboard tube with white paper (inking top edge) or cardstock and faux stitch round top edge.
- Cover with patterned paper then use strong glue or glue gun to adhere to base. Add bling round base and top of tube.